Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thrashing In Mobile Alabama


GMAC Bowl

Toledo 45
University of Texas El Paso 13

Pic: Toledo
My Pic: UTEP

There it is folks I am officially 1-1 on my pics. This was a bowl game that I was definetly looking forward to. It can only be described for me as - disappointment. I'm not upset that Toledo won, they are a great ball club and very deserving. The score is what is frustrating. I billed this as a barn burner, a game that was gonna have a combined 100 points. Oh well.

Toledo capitalized early and put up 21 points in the 2nd quarter. It wasn't looking to bad going into half it was 13-28 Toledo. But right before the half was over Jordan Palmer came up limping. And it was all over from there. The magic number is 1. As in 1 whole yard for UTEP during the 3rd quarter.
Bruce Gradkowski put on a clinic for Toledo. He was 18-30, 289 yds and 5 passing TD's. He helped stretch the MAC's winning streaking in the GMAC Bowl to 5-0.

I won't be posting about tonight's, Friday's, and Saturday's Bowl games till after Christmas. But don't worry I've got them set to record on the old faithful DVR. They are sure to be good ones.

No comments: