Friday, December 24, 2004

Thus Eve of Christmas

Thats right folks, it is Christmas Eve. Presents are awaiting and Santa is a coming. My wife and I ventured out among the crazies this past Wednesday, to make the trip to the inlaws in big D. Yup, we were with all the other idiots who decided to travel on the worst day of the year so far. From Shawnee, OK to Davis, OK it took us a little over 3 hours. A trek that would normally take an Hour to and Hour and a Half. People are just plan stupid and it really shows on that one day a year when you have your first patch of bad weather. We saw countless wrecks, a few upside down and a whole lot of "how did they do that?" But a long 6 hours later we made it to Dallas in one piece. All four of us. Yes, I said four. We brought along our 2 dogs with us. They did really well, for never riding together before. The puppy we have did really well for her first long trip in a car. Tomorrow we will once again take that long strange trip to Oklahoma. We are heading back to see my family. We always have Christmas Dinner and all that jazz on Christmas Day. That trip should definetly be less stressful.

So I haven't been able to watch to many of the bowl games. I know, I know, they are pretty much meaningless if you don't care about either one of the teams. But, I guess I sympathize with these guys. This is what they work for all year. A Bowl game, who cares if its not a BCS game anyways. Especially the seniors, its a couple more weeks of getting to strap on those pads for probably the last time the rest of thier lives. For most teams its getting to take a trip to somewhere they have never been and possible never go again. Think about this for a moment: Marshal has ruled the Mid-Major teams and Cincinnati a Confrence USA team, known for their Basketball. Cincinnati goes out there and has a blast and wins the game. Same with Wyoming over UCLA. UCLA just couldn't match Wyomings intensity. And that shouldn't have mattered, UCLA should have had their way with them Cowboys. And I undterstand that that was last night and only last night all the other bowl games have went pretty much as expected. Bowling Green beating up on Memphis, Georgia Tech slaughtering Syracuse, Southern Miss. rolling over N. Texas. But last night made it all worth it. The underdogs prevailed. So if you're sitting around with family and want a little something to watch, with some real possibilities of excitement check out Hawaii and UAB today. Maybe UAB will pull that upset. But if not, you will have watched one of the best college offenses this year (Hawaii).

Only 11 days and counting till my Sooners masacre USC. I don't know if I have really expressed this to anyone, but I don't want that close game that goes down in history. I want that masacre that goes down in history. I just as rather we go out there and put a serious thumping on them and that Virginia Tech beats the snot out of Auburn. So everybody and their dog will get over OU being in the National Championship game. I don't know if anybody caught this from me earlier in my blogs but I think we should be playing Auburn, but whatever. Day of reckoning for USC is coming!!!!!!
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: