Tuesday, December 28, 2004

HAWAII

So did ya take my advice and check out the Hawaii Bowl. It was a good one. I understand it was on Christmas Eve, but seriously who doesn't have free time on Christmas Eve. Well if you were as fortunate as I was, I was able to enjoy the festivities of the evening and watch the game. Boy am I glad I watched. Surprisingly UAB and Hawaii went lights out for 3 quarters. I was surprised to see UAB go toe to toe with those Rainbow Warriors of the South Pacific (I think thats right, I dunno). Well where ever Hawaii is, UAB ran out of gas and Hawaii put it on them 59-40. So everybody got to see that high powered offense of Hawaii. With Timmy Chang throwing up 405 yards and 4 TD's and running one in on the ground, Hawaii was unstopable. Just to add a little side note; Chang finished up his career with 17,072 yards passing, becoming the first player ever to break the 17,000 mark. Seriously think about that for a minute. 4 year career, 17,072 yards, thats 4,268 yards a year. Thats incredible!!!!!!!!

Talk about fun stuff UConn's first bowl trip was a hit. UConn upset Toledo 39-10. This is the season for upsets. I'm truely loving this. The bowl games are fun and are worth watching for all you scroges out there. So be sure to check out the Independence Bowl, Miami (Ohio) vs. Iowa State and the Insight Bowl with Notre Dame vs. Oregon State. A lot of 6-5 teams, except Miami, they walked away with 8 big victories.

My Sooners all arrived in Miami safe and sound today. With 8 days to prep they are looking like MANIMALS! Ready to go out and rip into some Trojan bait. I just can't wait.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Hey, did you catch the Chiefs vs Raiders game on Christmas day? That was a good one, especially since they are big rivals. My Chiefs came through. They are playing great right now. I wish they would have started a few games earlier so we could make a playoff run.

Another great game the day after was Colts vs Chargers. Manning broke Marino's amazing record. Nothing like an OT game for two playoff division winners.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't watch any of the games I was too busy roaming around Naples and Rome and working my pimp mojo on the Italian ladies to watch some football.. Yes yes I know, someone has to do it, so I am.. But fear not there will be one game that I will not miss, don't care if I have to be up at 4 am to watch it. Noting like a good Orange Bowl vicotry to make the week go by smoother!! BOOMER SOONER!!!
~Carl