Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Little Catching Up & the Big XII















Well I'm back and I'm going to jump right into things...

Finished the season a few weeks backs. Record wise it was a tough one (3-7). Personally, I had the time of my life. This is what I want to do with my life. There is no better way to spend the day than out on that field working with those young men. I could bore you with all kinds of details, but I'm not. I enjoyed my time on the football staff and I really hope that come this spring I might find myself a job there. A lot of things have to happen for that to take place. Right now I am working with the Baseball team. I'll keep you all updated on how that goes.


So I made my first ever trip to Kansas City, Missouri & Kansas. That's right folks I went to the Big XII Championship! I had the time of my life. My Sooners came out victorious once again. Arrowhead Stadium was really cool. There isn't really a bad seat in that place. We ordered our tickets the minute OU beat OSU and locked up the Big XII South and the only seats left were the nosebleeds. But it was cool cause like I said there are no bad seats in that place. The place was dominated by the Husker fans! I still have their stupid "Go Big Red!" chant stuck in my head.
No lie the stadium was like over 90% Nebraska fans. Its not that OU fans didn't care or that they don't travel well there were a lot factors that played into low OU attendance. 1.) The weather in Oklahoma. For those of you not in the know we had a crazy winter storm. And Oklahoma doesn't have 6 plus inches of snow fall in 24 hours on top of inch thick layer of ice but every couple 15 to 20 years. So needless to say Oklahoma doesn't have the resources to handle this kind of storm and they never will. 2.) Nebraska locked up the North Division 2 - 3 weeks ago, so they were able to buy all of their tickets early. 3.) Texas had already started buying up the Souths share of tickets. Since they're Texas and Lord knows that their is no way Texas could lose to KSU and A&M two weeks in a row, heck according to them they already had the Big XII Championship won. But they didn't, HA. Nebraska fans were able to get their hands on the majority of these pre-sold tickets to Texas.
Besides it being like 22 degrees at kickoff and crazy wind chills it was a ton of fun. Chrisanna and I went with a couple of friends of ours. It was great getting to see them and experience it with them. From the first play I was going crazy till the end!!! After all the crap that has happened this year it is great to see these guys get vindicated for all their hard work. Going to a BCS game baby!!! Fiesta Bowl here we come.
Well its Bowl season again and for the 3rd year in a row I will do my bowl lineup blog and bowl breakdown! Be looking forward to those blog entry's to come soon.
Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!! YOU WERE IN KC AND DIDN"T CALL!! Well atleast you all had a good time and you are a live!

Matt said...

Yea, it was a little last minute kind of thing. I did have a good time! Although I will say I was more impressed with KC, Kansas than Missouri. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Yea, what Justin said. Even had a place to stay if you wanted. See how you are!!!